Whitetail Deer Hunt Details & Help

Deer Hunting Dates:
· Non-resident deer archery season September 1
· Non-resident deer rifle season October 9

Sandy Point Camp is located in WMU 9A. Hunting will be on both private and public lands. Licenses are available at camp. Please bring a current or last years hunting license from your state.

· Lakeside cabin for the week, fully equipped for housekeeping
· Access to private property
· Orientation on hunting area
· Retrieval assistance
· Freezer service
· Boat, motor and ten gallons of gas

Not Included:
· Export Fee-$35
· Non-residence deer hunting license $247.26
· Taxes
· Tree Stands
· Ground Transportation
· Food & Drink (Housekeeping Accommodations)
· 8-day Sport Fishing Licence ($54.67) + ($9.68) for the outdoor card
· 8-day Conservation Fishing Licence ($31.10) + ($9.68) for the outdoor card
· Guests can purchase their outdoors cards and licenses at the camp.

What to Bring for your Deer Hunting Trip

The following is a list of what we feel is important to remember to bring

· Hunting Accreditation
· A new or old state license so you can get an Ontario License.
· Good warm layered clothing. Hunting in Northwestern Ontario, whether it be September or October, can expose you to a wide variety of weather conditions and temperatures. Hunters must be prepared for extreme cold to seasonably mild temperatures.
· Hunter orange vest or coat and hat - has to be solid orange, not camo patterned
· Rifle: a .270 or larger caliber rifle
· Bow: a 40lb+ bow.
· Any calls, rattles or scent eliminators etc.
· Trigger lock and or a secure case for storing firearms.
· Soft rifle case or gun sock for transporting firearms outside of legal hunting times.
· All food and beverages
· ATV if you have one but are not mandatory
· Thermos
· Flashlight
· Good warm boots
· Walkie Talkies are useful
· Food & Drink

Please click here to download .pdf reader

Ontario Hunting Regulations:
Visit the MNR website at www.mnr.gov.on.ca for hunting regulations.

Should you have any general questions pertaining to the hunting regulations summary please contact the Natural Resource Information Centre at 1-800-667-1940 or by emailing mnr.nric.mnr@ontario.ca

Canadian Firearms Declaration Form:
You will be required to fill out a temporary gun permit to bring firearms into Canada (Firearm Declaration Form). The fee is $25 payable at the border crossing.

Non-Resident Firearm Declaration Forms are available by emailing cfp-pcaf@rcmp-grc.gc.ca, or by calling 1-800-731-4000 (Canada and U.S.) or 1-506-624-5380 (other countries) and from all Customs offices across Canada. Visit the RCMP web site for more information

You can also download the form as Adobe .pdf

Please Note: Do not sign your declaration form until the customs agent asks you to.

Back To Deer Hunting Introduction Page