Moose Hunt Details & Help
Moose Hunting Dates:
· Non-resident archery season is Mid-September to first week in October
· Calf season is Third week in October to te first week in November
· We run our hunts from Saturday to Saturday
· Check in is 2 pm, check out is 8 am.
Bull Moose Hunt Archery: $2500 per person / minimum of 2 persons / includes 1 Adult Bull Moose Tag
Bull Moose Hunt Rifle: $1500 per person / Minimum of 4 persons / includes 1 Adult Bull Moose Tags and 3 calf tags
Calf Tag Moose Hunt: $950 for non-resident calf tag hunt
· Lakeside cabin for the week, fully equipped for housekeeping
· Orientation on hunting area
· Retrieval assistance
· Freezer service
· Boat, motor and ten gallons of gas
· Non-residence Moose hunting license $494.78
· Export Fee-$35
· Food & Drink (Housekeeping Accommodations)
· Ground Transportation
· Firearms Declaration Form ($25 - read below or download)
· 8-day Sport Fishing Licence ($54.67) + ($9.68) for the outdoor card
· 8-day Conservation Fishing Licence ($31.10) + ($9.68) for the outdoor card
· Guests can purchase their outdoors cards and licenses at the camp.
What To Bring:
· Hunting Accreditation
· Warm Clothes (Never know what the temperature will be)
· Hunter Orange hat and vest (camo orange is not acceptable in Ontario)
· Previous hunting license CN or US
· Weapons of choice, gun or bow
· Soft guncase or bowcase (legal requirement)
· Bug jacket and repellent
· Rain Gear
· Extra Footware/Gloves
· Flash lights (Batteries)
· Coolers & Freezer Bags for meat
· Hunting knife/sharpener
· Fishing rod and tackle
· Food & Drink
Moose Hunting Notes:
· Bow hunters must use a bow with a 50-lbs. pull or better. 60-lbs. pull or better is recommended.
· When taking a shot, bow hunters should be 20 yards or closer.
· Hunter orange must be worn at all times while hunting or transporting to-and-from the WMU.
· Hunters need to bring their old hunting license and proper personal identification.
Please click here to download .pdf reader
Ontario Hunting Regulations:
Visit the MNR website at www.mnr.gov.on.ca for hunting regulations.
Should you have any general questions pertaining to the hunting regulations summary please contact the Natural Resource Information Centre at 1-800-667-1940 or
by emailing email@example.com
Canadian Firearms Declaration Form:
You will be required to fill out a temporary gun permit to bring firearms into Canada (Firearm Declaration Form). The fee is $25 payable at the border crossing.
Non-Resident Firearm Declaration Forms are available by emailing
firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 1-800-731-4000 (Canada and U.S.) or
1-506-624-5380 (other countries) and from all Customs offices across Canada. Visit the RCMP web site for more information
You can also download the form as Adobe .pdf
Please Note: Do not sign your declaration form until the customs agent asks you to.
Back To Moose Hunting Introduction Page